New diy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neptunes_kodak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok everyone I'm new to the site but not new to the tank life I have 1 125 gallon fresh water with African cichlids 1 125 saltwater that just has water and has been running for awhile with just a scooter Benny and a skunk clown and shrimp and a 55 gallon with corals and a 29 with 2 little seahorses and a 10 gallon with neon tertas...(for the little one in her room) but here's my question I'm building a any where between 500 gallon to a 900 gallon tank and I'm wondering everyone's thoughts on what type of filter should I get?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

for a 900 gallon tank you are going to need alot of filtration. I would absolutely do 1-2 large sumps..and possibly a few fluval FX6 canisters

Well im thinking of keeping it freshwater

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

that's what i gave you advice for lol... 900 gallons is alot of water and will require lots of filtration. If you have a 125 cichlid tank you already know what i mean

What do you mean brand and model? Use a couple of 180-300 gallon tanks and run them as sumps. I agree with quest, you should look into a few high power canisters like the fx6 to run with it. You should join monsterfishkeepers.com, there are a ton of people over there that have built larger tanks than 900 gallons and would be able to guide you through the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom