new dwarf gourami acting strange!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davidsoccer22

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I have just bought a dwarf gourami. I believe that dwarf gouramis swim at the top of the tank, but mine doesn't. Also, the tail looks like it's missing a slither from thetop as it is not fan like. he seems a little unsteady but I am not too sure if it is natural or not. Please help.

If you just put him in I wouldn't worry about it. You can leave the lights off for a few days to help him adjust.
And if the tail is a little damaged he'll be okay. From what I've seen fish are very fast healers

As long as your parameters are perfect ammo 0 and nitrite 0 his fins will heal in no time :)

Well the ammo was at about 0.20 ppm last water change but I just recently bought ammo lock.

Davidsoccer22 said:
Well the ammo was at about 0.20 ppm last water change but I just recently bought ammo lock.

Just keep up with frequent water changes and try and keep the ammo at 0 :)) let us know if he gets better

I woke up this morning and he was sitting at the bottom of the tank. He hugs up next to a few rocks and once even got stuck. He is just sitting on the ground and isn't moving.

Back
Top Bottom