New dwarf gourami behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katfishkeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a male dwarf gourami yesterday and did the proper acclimating to my tank (10g, cycled, low nitrates, 77degrees, with neon tetras and corydoras)

Anyway he seems to be a spaz. Or still frightened/stressed. His movements are short and hurried unless he's chillin in some plants. Is this normal behavior? I have a blue gourami in a 30g who doesn't act this way. He is eating and, along with the cories, ripping up plants. So I assume that is normal. He just seems to be a jet fueled fish.

I love DG, but they are weird fish... I find it's best to keep them in a small groups (I now have 1 male 2 females and find it's the best combination the only other that worked was 3 males and that went to hell as soon as one died of parasites ) if not they get bored and pick on other fish.. I once had one (after he killed his buddy) just go up and down the glass for hours, it lasted until we brought the females home about a week later, weirdest thing!! every time we would look at the tank, there he was going up and down non stop.. I would still give your little guy a while to acclimate, some of my fish took up to 2 weeks to feel at home in the tank :)

Back
Top Bottom