New Filter????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you to everyone for all of the help on which filter to get. Hopefully I make the right decision!

I like the Aqueon better. It's quieter and the outflow is better. It also self primes which the AC doesn't.

The Aqueon also has more space for media. You can if you wanted take AC Biomax media and use it in the Aqueon. You can dump them into the well of the Aqueon or stuff them into the floss cartridges( switching out the carbon of course ).

I find mine way quieter than some of the others the trick is having it closer to the surface so you don't have as much water noise. The motor itself is almost silent on my C4. Strange...

The C4 comes either the compartments built in for the bio media, carbon,& polishing sponges so I'm not sure why you would want more?

Is there a spot in the aqueon quietflows for a different filter media besides carbon?

U can't beat a fluval aqua clear. Or the fluval c series. Or even a fluval canister. I have a 2 fluval AC 110's, a fluval 206 and 306 as well as a C2 and C3. I love them all. I really like my c series tho.

Last edited:
U can't beat a fluval aqua clear. Or the fluval c series. Or even a fluval canister. I have a 2 fluval AC 110's, a fluval 206 and 306 as well as a C2 and C3. I love them all. I really like my c series tho.

C series look really nice but around me are way more expensive than the 110 and such.

i have a fluval c4 on a 30gal tall hex and love it. It keeps my tank clean and clear, and is also very easy to clean

I like the Aqueon better. It's quieter and the outflow is better. It also self primes which the AC doesn't.

The Aqueon also has more space for media. You can if you wanted take AC Biomax media and use it in the Aqueon. You can dump them into the well of the Aqueon or stuff them into the floss cartridges( switching out the carbon of course ).

While I like my QuietFlow 55 as well -- and you're right...these things put out a TON of outflow -- I'm not sure I would agree with the statement that the Aqueons "have more space for media" as compared to the AquaClears...unless you're talking about one specific AquaClear?

Is there a spot in the aqueon quietflows for a different filter media besides carbon?

Yeah; in that little "chamber" in which the incoming water "bubbles and churns" before being passed off to the cartridge(s)...in that little chamber you can stuff BioMax, or whatever you want I would think; I used to put one 100ml pouch of Seachem Purigen in that space on my QuietFlow 55...

I think you can also squeeze additional media between or around the cartridges and slots, unless I am mistaken -- can any other Aqueon owners chime in here and assist?

Back
Top Bottom