New filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N.Galvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

I am looking for a new filter as the one i got with my 90 litre tank is way too noisy as it vibrates all the tank lid

The question i am asking is am i better going for a internal or external filter, i read external filters are better but i have no experience with them.

Thanks

External are easy to use . Where do you live I have a filter system I'm selling

Canister filters are most desirable and also more expensive.
For 90litres i woud personally recommend an eheim 2213 or fluval 206.

I have a 2213 but not the 206, i do have a 406, both are good filters and you cant go wrong with either but if i was pushed into a chosing i would buy another eheim.

I guess it depends on what you want and what sort of bioload your going to have in the tank.

Internals: they take up more room inside the tank, can be an eye sore, Theyre cheaper, you will pay half the price for a fluval U4 rated at 1500lph than an eheim 2213 canister rated at 440lph.

Canisters: more media for bacteria growth, less equipment visible inside the tank, easy to clean and detatch from the tank and obviously they're more expensive.

Again depending on what you want to use it for will probably donate which is more appropriate. Display tanks then a canister. Large lightly stocked tanks where pump has more of an importance over media for bb growth, then internals. Both will do the job of filtering your water so choose whats best suited for you.

Fluval 206 or Fluval C3. In my case I have Fluval C3 on my 120liters and does well.

It was noisy at start, but I've put vaseline (petrolum gelly) on the rotor shaft and now it's silent.

I went for a aqua manta efx 200 from my LFS , im in the uUjso i don't no if they have thats in the US, i have just set it up so far i am happy with it its quiet and the only thing i can really hear is the water going inside.

This is my filter and thanks for all your suggestions aswell

Attachments

• image-2769581517.jpg
    image-2769581517.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom