New Filter Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyJace2014

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recentky purchased a Whisper 60 at the recommendation of the Pet Store Owner ans I absolutely HATE it....It eventually pours unfiltered water back into the fish tank when its time to change the carbon and I dont like it....plus its not that quiet. Please let me know a better filter to get?

AquaClear/Fluval HOB filters are decent. Probably the biggest plus is the lack of proprietary cartridges. That means you can customize the filter media.

If you are looking for quiet, then I would say to go the canister route. Much quieter than HOB's. I have had internal filters, HOB's, and canister and definitely recommend the canister.

I just looked into canister....they are pretty expensive and I only have a 30 gallon tank....I think a large Aquaclear HOB is going to be the way to go for me with my tank size.....when I eventually move to a bigger tank I will go with canister to get good circulation....Thanks for tbe advice.

I just looked into canister....they are pretty expensive and I only have a 30 gallon tank....I think a large Aquaclear HOB is going to be the way to go for me with my tank size.....when I eventually move to a bigger tank I will go with canister to get good circulation....Thanks for tbe advice.
You will be happy you went with AquaClear.

Ehiem 2215. Using this in my 30 gallon. Remember,when choosing filters, rule is at least 3x's tank volume

Back
Top Bottom