New Filters???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilikefishes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey AA community,

I have a 29g tank I bought about a month ago, and I've introduced quite a few fish which I now know is a no-no, and there is always an ABUNDANCE of fish poo whenever the gravel is disrupted or just when it decides it wants to take a stroll around the tank. I have an aqueon filter (it came with the tank setup) and it just doesn't seem to be cutting the chase.

I've been pondering buying the Emperor BioWheel filter and an undergravel filter. Is this a good idea? or will changing the filters destroy what cycling process I already have?:confused:

Thanks!

if you want to get a better filter, leave the one you have on there for about a month or so. I wouldnt recommend anything but an aquaclear filter, but thats just my personal preference... once the tank is cycled, you can start doing a gravel vac as often as necessary to remove the uneaten food and detrius from the gravel

well as mdf has said i allso would recommned the aquaclear.i would not recommend the undergravel .leave old filter on and set up new for 3 to 4 wk's

Thanks alot! I did my research on the Emperor vs. the Aquaclear and the aquaclear is definitely the way to go. But how am I going to run two filters at once while I'm cycling the new one? My cover only has an opening for one.

if you cant run two at once with the hood you have, take the hood off. i dont run a top on any of my tanks at all, but if you really want it, a few weeks without wont be too bad for ya

use aluminum foil if you want to seal off the top, leaving some condesation/evaporation room. I do it when I am cleaning tanks and my wifes cat and our daughter wont stay out of the open top.

Back
Top Bottom