New filtration system question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shanna.mcbane

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I jist bought a new cascade filtration system for my 10 gal that houses my guppies. I am assuming it is not safe to just switch them out due to the new system not having the bacteria it needs? They do not take the same size filter either so i cant just put the old filter in the new system. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

What was your old filter? Take whatever media you had in the old and put it in the new. If it was something with a cartridge filter could you rip off the sponge part and add that into the new filter anywhere?

aa6519c8b72c0ce6fe25caf8625ab9f0.jpg
this is the old

0e90dba14765fb1c1dd2a10845736f32.jpg
this is the new. Hope the pics work. I dont think the old one will fit in the new but i will try when i get home from work today.

I hadnt thought of just taking apart the olf filter sponge part and putting it in... Good idea!

Looks like you are switching over to a TopFin filter pump.

Just a word of caution. I bought a 20 gallon Top Fin starter kit and the filter that came with the tank died in 28 days. I was able to exchange it for the same one, but I have read a lot of bad reviews.

I ended up ordering an AquaClear 50 which came highly recommended by many sites and it is around the same price as the Top Fin brands.

Good luck

Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure to keep an eye on it and keep the receipt. ?

Back
Top Bottom