New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickmick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just added two silver mollies to my tank with the Betta. I got them from a friend who didn't want them and offered them to me. So far the Betta is trying to show how tough he is and is failing so bad. They are bigger then him and they just chase him away.lol.

Attachments

• DSCN6253.jpg
    DSCN6253.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN6250.jpg
    DSCN6250.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN6249.jpg
    DSCN6249.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 55
mickmick said:
Just added two silver mollies to my tank with the Betta. I got them from a friend who didn't want them and offered them to me. So far the Betta is trying to show how tough he is and is failing so bad. They are bigger then him and they just chase him away.lol.

Cool! What size tank? just wondering !

In my opinion mollies need to be in an aquarium that is at least 30 gallons in size. I find them very desease prone in smaller tanks.

I agree with momma that a 20 long should be the minimum as mollies do tend to grow bigger then other members of their class. ie platy's and swordtails. It was an honorable thing taking them in, now hopefully in due time if you choose to is to give them a home that will allow them to live a good life.

Chronos313 said:
I agree with momma that a 20 long should be the minimum as mollies do tend to grow bigger then other members of their class. ie platy's and swordtails. It was an honorable thing taking them in, now hopefully in due time if you choose to is to give them a home that will allow them to live a good life.

Actually swordtails can reach 5inches.

Back
Top Bottom