New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babakapusta

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, I went out this weekend and bought fish for my new 40 gallon tank. I bought a peacock eel that seems to be doing well. He is about 3-4 inches long and is thin. He hasn't filled out yet, still an elver.

I got an albino bristlenosed pleco that is smaller than the nail on my little finger. He is voracious though.

Today I got a red lizard fish, freshwater not saltwater. They are a type of whip tail. I've never had one of these. I hope he does well. Right now he is about 2.5 inches long. Cute little thing.

Thanks that's what I read and what the owner of the store told me. He is very reputable. Beside selling fish he maintains aquariums in public places. He doesn't want a bad reputation.

He's a little pricey but I frequent him and several other stores like that because they give you really good advice.

I hear these fish are easy to breed. Have you bred them and how do you tell a male from a female?

Well, I went out this weekend and bought fish for my new 40 gallon tank. I bought a peacock eel that seems to be doing well. He is about 3-4 inches long and is thin. He hasn't filled out yet, still an elver.

I got an albino bristlenosed pleco that is smaller than the nail on my little finger. He is voracious though.

Today I got a red lizard fish, freshwater not saltwater. They are a type of whip tail. I've never had one of these. I hope he does well. Right now he is about 2.5 inches long. Cute little thing.

We handfed our eels with a Turkey Baster. Frozen/thawed Bloodworms. Target feeding. Once they got weight on and picked out hiding spots, we fed the eels mostly after lights out, if they hadn't learned to come out during normal feeding ( they do learn to come out ).

Back
Top Bottom