New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone,

I have a 33 or 37 gallon tank set up thats been going for quite a few eyars. I just got two new fish for it, and it was kind of an impulse buy, so Im hoping they will be ok. The two new inhabitants are two yo yo loaches. Hoepfully these will be ok with my current inhabitants:

4 danios
6 neon tetras
1 pleco
1 cory(I know it should be in a school but its been like this for at least 10 years)
and 1 raspbora type fish (I think it may be a dyed one, however at the time it was bought a few years ago, i was unaware it was dyed)

Will this be ok? I plan on getting maybe two more yo yo's since they like to be in schools from what ive read, and also maybe some sore of main fish? Any ideas?

Thanks

I do not see a problem with it. What kind of pleco do you have? Their potential size is my only concern with your stocking.

Yes, I know their size is a main issue. I think its a common pleco (I know bad) however, its been in there for a while, its not tooo huge yet, and the pet store never told us its potential size (and I didnt know about this site yet). Does anyone know of any other fish I could stock with?

From what I've read about yo-yo loaches, they will get along fine with your already present fish. I'm not sure of what other fish would go well, maybe 2 new tetras maybe glowlight tetras? for a little diversity. I would only be concerned about space with going to have a school, but other than that. Have fun with your new fish. :]

Back
Top Bottom