New fish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keds195

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I've just finished cycling my tank I have 8 neon tetras and 2 brown sucking loaches at the minute and I'm looking to add some more now my tank is cycled. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a 25 gallon tank. Thank you

Hi I've just finished cycling my tank I have 8 neon tetras and 2 brown sucking loaches at the minute and I'm looking to add some more now my tank is cycled. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a 25 gallon tank. Thank you

I've never heard of a Brown Sucking Loach?
I'm concerned you may have gotten CAEs ( Chinese Algae Eaters). Google them, lots of horror stories. They get big and nasty.

I'd add a group of small Cory Cats. What substrate ? Sand or gravel ?

Add fish slowly and keep testing water.

You could add Glowlight Tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, or a Dwarf Gourami ...

You could add Amano Shrimp.

Add live Plants :)

I believe the OP is talking about hillstream loaches, they have much cooler water preferences than most tropicals so keep that in mind when suggesting fish, unless the OP want to rehome them

If the OP is speaking of hill stream loaches they not only prefer cooler water, they also like fast moving water. Hence the name and what their natural habitat is. They are a very neat looking fish!!

Porkchop rasbora is a great little schooling fish. They get along with community and swim in schools. They will even school with other fish schools particularly tetras. Though i would say see whats at the fish store and get a bunch of different types, gouramis, angels, barbs, mollies... The list is endless

Back
Top Bottom