New fish Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In total how much did the sand driftwood plants and rocks cost. And where did you get the driftwood and really like your tank and am thinking of converting my 55 to something similar the only thing is I would be keeping my current stock.

Okay the rocks I know I can get lots of rivers around here
But what exactly is driftwood like finding it in the wild and what not?

Most people that live near lakes find it. There is a thread on here where they talk a great deal about finding driftwood. One of the sponsers on this sight sells really nice pieces for a really good price.
</title> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"> <link rel="icon" type="image/gif" href="animated_favicon1.gif"> </head> <body> <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Manzanita Driftwood - Manz

In total how much did the sand driftwood plants and rocks cost. And where did you get the driftwood and really like your tank and am thinking of converting my 55 to something similar the only thing is I would be keeping my current stock.

The sand was 20 dollars a bag but I got it at PETCO. You could use black blasting sand and it would be a lot cheeper. I used 3 bags The rock at my local rock and garden shop was 9 dollars for 90 pounds but I am not using all of it the plants were 5 dollars a piece at Petco they are "Bleheri" "Anubias" "Argentine Sword" "cryptocoryne" I do not have a CO 2 system. I just dose with flourish excel and have the 2 T-5 marine glo 54w lights. They seem to be doing well. I think when the cichlids get bigger some of the plants are not going to make it but we shall see.

No I dont but a lot of people use egg cartons or the under gravel filter grates.
You could use play sand as well it is like 7 bucks for 50 pounds. I dont think it would cost you that much to convert over you really already have everything you need... I am going to the store right now to get some Java moss and Java fern. I really like the live plants. Also if they some Yellow Labs I might get a couple of those to...

Cool I'll probably wait until I have more time than we will convertthanks so much for all your help an nice tank by the way.

Bags101 said:
Most people that live near lakes find it. There is a thread on here where they talk a great deal about finding driftwood. One of the sponsers on this sight sells really nice pieces for a really good price.
</title> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"> <link rel="icon" type="image/gif" href="animated_favicon1.gif"> </head> <body> <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Manzanita Driftwood - Manz

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom