New fish stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i hate trying to pick which fish to get (i love them all!) should i expect lots of babies with this stoking list?

[FONT=&quot]1 angelfish
2 kribensis (a pair)
2 GBR (a pair for breeding)
6 neon tetras
2 [FONT=&quot]SAE[/FONT]
7 amano shrimp[/FONT]

Well, with that stocking... You'll have quite a bit of aggression, and probably not much breeding purely from stress. The breeding pairs will each claim a territory, and so will that angel, and you only have room for 2 territories in that tank.

sorry about that i ment to delete the angle.
this is what i ment to post:
[FONT=&quot]2 kribensis (a pair)
6 neon tetras
2 [FONT=&quot]SAE[/FONT]
7 amano shrimp
4 gardneri killifish
[/FONT]

i am willing to switch the neon tetras out and the 2 SAE if they are a problem. (the SAE are getting rather large 5.5 inches a peace)

Maybe you could ditch the SAE's, and go with a bristlenose pleco and 3 ottos. You could also ditch the neons and go with rummynose tetras if you want something less common.

how about this list:
[FONT=&quot]2 kribensis (a pair)
7 amano shrimp
4 gardneri killifish[/FONT]
2 [FONT=&quot]peacock gudgeons
[/FONT]

I know there was a recent post... Pm the user that started the thread "now that's service!" but remember... Only 2 pairs max in that tank.

How about this list:
1 Angle fish (I already have one)
1 pair of GBR (I already have a female... I think it is a female)
4 garderni killifish (I already have them)
A pair of kribesis
8 small tetras (I can't decide what kind, most likely haliquin rasboras, or neon tetras)
And 2 SAE
Is this over stocked? For a 40 gallon high tank.
Edit: and some amano shrimp

Last edited:
I found out today that my lfs is going to get some of these in stock (see picture). How many could I put in a 40 gallon high tank? I want more than anything to breed them.

I forgot to post the picture...

Edit: the Guy at the fish store called it a blue something anglefish. I can't remember the middle part

Attachments

• Angelfish_Blue_Blushing_Angelfish.jpg
    Angelfish_Blue_Blushing_Angelfish.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
fishfanatic said:
I forgot to post the picture...

Edit: the Guy at the fish store called it a blue something anglefish. I can't remember the middle part

:eek: I just drooled lol. Those are amazing! I want lots of pics when you get them lol!!!

How many could I put in the 40 gall high tank? I am going to breed them. When I found out that they were going to get some my head started to spin lol

Edit: they are the same size as any other anglefish.

Start with 6, let them pair off, then either return the pairs you don't need, or divide them out one pair per 30 gallon tank.

I only have one tank at the moment... so when I get a pair I will have to sell the rest (the pet store doesn't take them back). Would it be possible to keep 2 pairs in my tank? Just in case one of them die

Last edited:
looks like blue platinum. I wouldn't do 6 unless you plan on getting rid of them later on or if you just get a good deal on that many. Your odds are good with 4 also. Unless you plan on getting into a serious breeding program with them I wouldn't stress on getting too many pairs going.

jetajockey said:
looks like blue platinum. I wouldn't do 6 unless you plan on getting rid of them later on or if you just get a good deal on that many. Your odds are good with 4 also. Unless you plan on getting into a serious breeding program with them I wouldn't stress on getting too many pairs going.

I don't know if I understood the answer... yes I could have 2 pairs in a 40 gallon tank?

Back
Top Bottom