new fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nolanyaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys im looking for some new fish for my tank. Its a 10 gallon and i have 2 mickey mouse platys and 2 dalmation lyretail mollys. im looking for maybe a green or blue fish or two for some more color. Please tell me your suggestions. thanks

Hey guys im looking for some new fish for my tank. Its a 10 gallon and i have 2 mickey mouse platys and 2 dalmation lyretail mollys. im looking for maybe a green or blue fish or two for some more color. Please tell me your suggestions. thanks

I wouldn't add any more fish, the fish you have all have really large bioloads, and are actually more suitable for a larger tank. If you're dead set on not returning your fish then all I can suggest is maybe a blue snail, but like I said you're already over stocked

I wouldn't add any more fish, the fish you have all have really large bioloads, and are actually more suitable for a larger tank. If you're dead set on not returning your fish then all I can suggest is maybe a blue snail, but like I said you're already over stocked

O ok that kinda stinks to here but thankyou, this is very good info

You should only keep two Mickey mouse platys in a tank and that's pushing it.any more fish in a 10 gallon would be overstock.

I would suggest if your able to with a tank that small would be to consider returning them to your lfs or seeing if they would trade them in for credit towards something more suitable for your tank. Rather than saying your overstocked right off the bat, try giving them alternative options such as trading in or rehoming them if possible. I don't want to come off as rude or arrogant but I see to many threads that don't give positive alternatives.

May I suggest looking into nano fish or smaller options such as celestial pearl danios, harlequin rasboras, chili rasboras and other types of nano fish that are much more suited for your tank size. Pygmy Cory's would be an option as a clean up crew as well.

Another thing with platys and Molly's is that if you added more either male or female they are live bearers and drop fry roughly every 28 days therefore your tank could be overstocked quite rapidly and you'd be in a pickle.

Hope this helps

I would suggest if your able to with a tank that small would be to consider returning them to your lfs or seeing if they would trade them in for credit towards something more suitable for your tank. Rather than saying your overstocked right off the bat, try giving them alternative options such as trading in or rehoming them if possible. I don't want to come off as rude or arrogant but I see to many threads that don't give positive alternatives.

May I suggest looking into nano fish or smaller options such as celestial pearl danios, harlequin rasboras, chili rasboras and other types of nano fish that are much more suited for your tank size. Pygmy Cory's would be an option as a clean up crew as well.

Another thing with platys and Molly's is that if you added more either male or female they are live bearers and drop fry roughly every 28 days therefore your tank could be overstocked quite rapidly and you'd be in a pickle.

Hope this helps

Thankyou this very helpful

Back
Top Bottom