New fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess1982

Aquarium Advice Activist
HI everyone

I have a 54 litre tropical tank which has been up and running a couple of months now. I have a handful of neon tetra and 2 guppies at the moment but would quite like to get a larger, impressive looking fish as the main fish. I know I don't have a particularly large tank but do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks

HI everyone I have a 54 litre tropical tank which has been up and running a couple of months now. I have a handful of neon tetra and 2 guppies at the moment but would quite like to get a larger, impressive looking fish as the main fish. I know I don't have a particularly large tank but do you have any suggestions? Many thanks
How about a dwarf gourami? I love them.

Yes I also like these but I wasn't sure if I could have them due to the size of the tank. Stocking a tropical tank is quite difficult as the rule isn't as black and white as a goldfish tank. Do you think I could get more than one dwarf gourami?

Yes I also like these but I wasn't sure if I could have them due to the size of the tank. Stocking a tropical tank is quite difficult as the rule isn't as black and white as a goldfish tank. Do you think I could get more than one dwarf gourami?
No they can get very aggressive to each other. Some people pull it off but I don't recommend it.

Opinion about this is very mixed. My mum has 3 and they don't get along but I suspect her tank is overstocked so I am trying to convince her to rehome some. I don't want to make the same mistake.

Well that's reassuring. I guess if I get two that are already in the same tank at my lfs and appear to get along that would be a good option.

Saying I do get one or two dwarf gourami, how many other fish could I have in the tank? I have neons and guppies currently.

Well that's reassuring. I guess if I get two that are already in the same tank at my lfs and appear to get along that would be a good option. Saying I do get one or two dwarf gourami, how many other fish could I have in the tank? I have neons and guppies currently.
You would be fully stocked, IMO. Guppies are pretty messy, and I wouldn't want you to have any major problems down the road.

Ok so if I decided against the dwarf gourami, how many tetra/ guppies could I have? I would quite like to get more guppies.

Back
Top Bottom