New fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for something new to go along with what I currently have but must be active and not aggressive, I want a peaceful tank. I have a 75 gal with 2 Angels, 1 gourami, lots of Cory cats, some tetras and some rasboras.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oscar! ...Just kidding. How about dwarf rainbows? Or since you have action at the bottom with corries add some hatchet fish up top. Or maybe a few silver dollars.

Rainbows would be a good option. I like silver dollars but they're skittish. Danios are nice for top swimmers.

Threadfin rainbow are pretty...love when the males flare at eachother. All show...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All great ideas! I'll have to check out my lfs soon to see if they have any of these

Yes...hard to get a good picture but the males flare their top fins at each other to impress females...it's very neat. They like to school. I have 3 male to 4 female...

You don't want fish that are too active or it will annoy the Angels. Some of the fish you named are also quite nippy.
Threadfin rainbows are tiny and A nano fish and I would not recommend them in that tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421209901.346294.jpg

The problem with rainbows is that they are very fast fish, and beat many of the slower fish to the food. I would stick with a fairly calm and peaceful species.

I like Bleeding Hearts or Lemon Tetras.

Silver Dollars eat plants.
Buenos Aires are nippy as are Columbian Red/Blues

If you check the threads on here about rainbows several people have had to return theirs because they were just too Zippy for their tanks.

But in larger tanks you can get away with some species. Also if you have them in large groups you can help distribute bad behavior.

Threadfins might work, if the Angels aren't too large. But they have tiny mouths and even tinier throats. So their food must be crushed or ground well before you feed them.

Back
Top Bottom