new fishies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cartosbartos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys as i know i replaced my clowns yesterday and i got 3 pepper corys and 3 bronze corys, hows is that combo ?

The cories are great.. I just got some peppered myself yesterday.. wasn't too keen on them weeks ago on appearance alone.. but I admit, they are fun to watch.. they have great personalities.

The cories are great.. I just got some peppered myself yesterday.. wasn't too keen on them weeks ago on appearance alone.. but I admit, they are fun to watch.. they have great personalities.

thanks panther, do you think that i am way overstocked still though ?

What size tank was it again? That list in your signature might be a bit much for a 30 gallon I that's the case.. but staying on top of water changes and maintenance should make it doable. Just check water parameters regularly to make sure your Bio load isn't too much for the bacteria to keep up with.. you dont. Want spikes.

They are pearl gouramis and it's not even a 30 gallon it's about 24 gallon but I change the water weekly and so far so good no spikes all the parameters seem fine

The gouramis can get decent sized and the angel needs its own space as well.. that size tank is pushing it, especially when they get full grown. It should be OK for now if you plan on upgrading later.. which, if its anything like the rest of us.. you will. Lol

Yeah I plan to upgrade it in the near future just not now. I would like to get some yoyo loaches eventually and some more corys too. Should I add anymore corys for now or will they be ok ?

You should be OK weigh what you have for now.. hey won't "school" together, but they will associate with eachother off and on.

thanks panther, do you think that i am way overstocked still though ?
I liked also those corys, and they will keep your substrate clean.

I agree with phanterspawn, you are already pushing the limit. Your tank is a 23 gallon tank, which as you already know, it is small for the Angel with two gouramies.

I won't recommend you to add more fish, but better start to save that money for the bigger tank, you will need it soon.
Good luck
:)

do corys eat algae or do mine just want to get out of the tank they seem to be swimming up and down the glass all the time !

Cartosbartos said:
do corys eat algae or do mine just want to get out of the tank they seem to be swimming up and down the glass all the time !

they do nibble on algae buy they are omniverous and need a regular diet just like mist other community fish. Swimming up and down the glass is normal. Especially for peppered or gold cories etc. They are generally more active even in daylight

they do nibble on algae buy they are omniverous and need a regular diet just like mist other community fish. Swimming up and down the glass is normal. Especially for peppered or gold cories etc. They are generally more active even in daylight

thanks panther cause i was wondering what they were doing always swimming up and down the glass. Yeah i got peppered and bronze ones, my girlfriend wanted the albino ones but the pet store guy said albino's die easily. Is this true ?

Cories in general are pretty sensitive .. I wouldn't think the albino anymore so than the rest.. could be the breeding stock they receive isn't as well as some others.

Last edited:
Cories in general are pretty sensitive .. I wouldn't think the albino anymore so than the rest.. could be the breeding stock they receive isn't as well as some others.

yeah im not sure just going off what they said but they will tell you anything lol.

I know as in most wild species. Albinos are generally more prone to predation because they generally lack any camoflauge..

I have a dozen albino bronzes in my 75 they are all going strong after more than a year. I have not found them any different than the regular color varieties.

I really think your tank is much much too small for an angel, definitely too small for pearl gouramis, and also too small for the larger breeds of cories. I think you should consider stocking the tank with more suitable fish. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom