New fishies!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought blue rams, golden rams and metallic blue rams!! They are gorgeous. Wondering if they need any special food or water conditions etc... Will post pics later

They really are beautiful. Rams need pristine water conditions and at least a 20 U.S. gallon aquarium. How large is your tank, is it planted, and what else is living with the rams.

They will usually eat regular flake food, but will appreciate bloodworms and other treats from time to time.

My tank is 190 litre and has zebra danios, neons, betta, gold gouramis, emperor cories, clown plec and albino bristlenose.
The tank has driftwood, sand and some plants and slate caves.

Is it a male betta? If so I would suggest keeping a close eye on the Rams and the Betta to make sure they don't beat each other up. All depends on the aggression.

They have only been in the tank a couple of hours and so far all is calm!! Hopefully they won't fight!!

Didn't notice if you posted your temp in tank, but the rams like it hot! 82-86F I believe as well as the pritine water conditions. Good luck!

Hi the temperature in tank is 27 degrees. My betta is a bully I think - one dead blue ram this morning. Not a mark on him but the betta is following the other one around the tank flaring at him constantly. May have to rehome him! ;(

Both of my bettas (one male and one female) have a bad attitude. I don't think Bettas are really a good community fish because they are so territorial. You could just give him his own 5 US gallon tank (40 liters).

Scottishnewbie said:
Hi the temperature in tank is 27 degrees. My betta is a bully I think - one dead blue ram this morning. Not a mark on him but the betta is following the other one around the tank flaring at him constantly. May have to rehome him! ;(

The blue rams are very sensitive. I lost one after three days. Still have a male left and he is doing great....

I guess what I am saying is that is isn't just you, and could very possibly not have been prevented.

Back
Top Bottom