New fluval 306 canister set up question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connorilles14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone so over the weekend I got a great deal on a fluval 306 canister. I just set it up last night. Now I have never used a canister filter before so I don't really know much about them. The filter is running and I can hear a pretty decent humming coming from the canister. Is this normal? I have read places that these filters are suppose to be almost silent?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Humming sounds pretty normal. It just shouldn't be making any rough/repetitive/grinding sounds.

Sometimes they set up a resonance with a cabinet that amplifies the hum. Try putting a towel or soft mat under it to dampen the vibration if it bothers you - might help.

Hmm. All opinions differ, but my 306 and 406 fluval are so quiet I often have to touch them to make sure they're running.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine are silent. Are you sure you primed all the air out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With the filter running give the unit a good shake from side to side and back and forth to get all the air out i had to do that with my old 406 when ever I had it apart after i had shaken it silence :)

Back
Top Bottom