Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2019, 05:40 AM   #1
JPA
Aquarium Advice Regular

New Fluval Fx6 - sloshing and microbubbles - help!

I just setup a 75 gallon freshwater tank on Sunday afternoon. I splurged on a fluval fx6 filter which is now having problems.

It will run fine for about an hour. After that it starts to spit out thousands of microbubbles and I can hear a sloshing sound coming from the cannister. If I turn the filter off and on it fixes itself, only for the bubbles and sloshing to come back again after about an hour.

It seems clear that there is air in the canister, but I have no idea how to fix it. Last night I disconnected the intake and output hoses and reconnected them to make sure they were tight. I did the same with the cannister cover. There is no slack in the hoses. I've read that certain types of media can cause this, but I literally just have the media in there that came with the filter.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it just a matter of waiting a few days for it to settle?

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

How full did you fill it up when you put the water into the canister?

Can't recall at the moment I think it should be half or 3/4 full - should be in the booklet.

Then opening the valves into the canister should be done in an order again I can't recall. I had a terrible problem with micro bubbles at one point and it was because of air bubbles inside it. Also the plugging it in to start it, all done in a certain order.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
JPA
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
How full did you fill it up when you put the water into the canister?

Can't recall at the moment I think it should be half or 3/4 full - should be in the booklet.

Then opening the valves into the canister should be done in an order again I can't recall. I had a terrible problem with micro bubbles at one point and it was because of air bubbles inside it. Also the plugging it in to start it, all done in a certain order.
Thanks for the tip. So I was able to solve the problem by raising my water level in the tank above where the intake connected to the hose going to the filter - there must have been some leakage there.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Ah, good to hear its fixed. Micro bubbles and gurgling noises are not how you enjoy an aquarium!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble, bubbles, fluval, micro, microbubbles, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com