New Glow Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at pet smart a few weeks ago and saw these guys. The latest creation: glo tiger barbs. I wonder how many fish they're going to do this to.

ForumRunner_20130725_202547.jpg

I hope this doesn't become some big debate! I just wanted to post a pic of the new fish in the "glo" line haha

They have pink and orange glo skirt tetras now. I'd like to see what they think up next.

I was at Petsmart about a month ago and the sales girl there tried to get me to buy some of these. I told her I didn't support the bioengineering of fish. She just kinda looked at me like I had 3 heads.

I was at Petsmart about a month ago and the sales girl there tried to get me to buy some of these. I told her I didn't support the bioengineering of fish. She just kinda looked at me like I had 3 heads.

lol like your avatar? i hate glofish too just wait, pretty soon the glow angelfish will be available in the united states......disgraceful

The glo angelfish probably won't sell because right now they're a couple thousand dollars.

yeah they spent 320,000 usd on the research for the glow angels but its a completely different process than how they made the glofish. it is actually cruel to the fish, sticking needles in their reproductive organs

I'm probably the most anti-hybrid person on this forum but I don't have any problems with Glofish as they were engineered to serve a purpose, there is no harm, pain, or decreased life with them. This process is far better than the alternative like dyes and tattoos, so like every other fish to each their own.

I was walking past the tanks with the glo fish and glow tetra at petsmart and the guy came up to me and asked me if i wanted some. So i told him how they are genetically manipulated and he replied: "as far as i know all our fish are natural strains" and that is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard uttered by somebody working in the fish department of any store i have been to.

I was walking past the tanks with the glo fish and glow tetra at petsmart and the guy came up to me and asked me if i wanted some. So i told him how they are genetically manipulated and he replied: "as far as i know all our fish are natural strains" and that is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard uttered by somebody working in the fish department of any store i have been to.

Wow…just…wow………

Back
Top Bottom