New Gold Nugget Plecos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madasafish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi Guys,

I know most ppl have seen gold nuggets before, so this isn't all that exciting, but I thought I'd post these pics nonetheless, as these plecos are so incredibly beautiful! They've added a lot of color to my tank and are outdoing my poor snowball plec!

Enjoy!

There are 2. Each about 4". Each $15 (!!!!!!) from a guy who was trying to thin out his Frontosa tank (pH 8.4). Had to acclimate them *very* slowly over 8 hours to my 6.6 planted tank.

Yay! Just got my Brazil Butterflies, too. NOT as attractive by any means (got them through aquabid). I'm going to wait and see if they get more attractive. I'm tempted to drive to this place and return them if they don't. Right now they're just hulking great ugly brown plecs with a bit of black coloration... GRR!!!!!

I am getting some Endler's from Aquabid - it is my first fish purchase this way so I am waiting to see how that goes.

Aren't the butterflies the plecos that change color dramatically between night and day? It also may have to do with the color of your substrate, so don't give up on 'em just yet :wink:

Back
Top Bottom