New goldfish being bullied. HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vindu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 25g. I had one fantail for about a month and just got another one. It looks like the old goldfish is bullying the new one. The are pretty much the same size.

I have a 25g. I had one fantail for about a month and just got another one. It looks like the old goldfish is bullying the new one. The are pretty much the same size.

Most likely it's because your tank is a bit small for 2 goldies, so the older one is showing it's dominance IME. What kind of decco do you have in the tank? Tallish pieces or plants help to break line of sight so they don't see each other every minute.

I don't have any tall decorations. But it does look like it has slowed some what.

I don't have any tall decorations. But it does look like it has slowed some what.

If they're both fantails, they should do really well together and sometimes you just have to give it a little time.

My newest (fancy fantail) was being aggressive towards my 4yo Moors when he first went in, I just took my big net scooped him and held him in place (in the tank) till he mellowed out. After 2 or 3 times of that, he and the Moors became best buds and on occasion, they all snuggle together like one big happy family now :D.

Nice to know there is hope. I almost scooped the new one back out and returned it

Yeah like limpet said they will calm down. Keep an eye on you water parameters too. Poor water conditions seem to cause aggression in goldies as well

Dwohlge1 said:
Yeah like limpet said they will calm down. Keep an eye on you water parameters too. Poor water conditions seem to cause aggression in goldies as well

My parameters are all good and they seemed to be doing much better this morning.

Back
Top Bottom