New gournamis!(:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Am planning on getting 2 gournamis & then calling my tank stocked! I just don't know what kind I want though. Can y'all help me by posting pics of your favorite gournamis?:) please & thank you!:)

Can you prolly post pics of them? If you can't I'll look them up.

I just bought two Moonlight Gouramis and they are my favorite fish right now! They come up to the front glass to see me whenever I'm looking in, and they play with my finger if I dip it in the tank!

Moonlights have a slightly different shaped head which gives them more character!

Chocolate gouramis are difficult to keep alive even in a dedicated blackwater setup (been there, done that, they lasted a few months). They're cool fish though. If you have a decent sized tank (I'd say 100 liters or so, roughly), I cannot recommend pearl gouramis enough. They are easy to keep, fairly peaceful toward one another, and show beautiful colors and patterns once they settle in.

img_2020921_0_810e7b16f32f17d8c97da8a2a306eb9d.jpg

Another one of my favorites is the croaking gourami. If you have a smaller tank, this would be a great option.

img_2020921_1_426dff0f89bf6b1401be767147db2e0f.jpg

*edit* for some reason I thought you were in the UK. A 20 long or 29 gallon would be fine for a pair of pearls. I'd say 10 gallon and up for the croaking gourami.

Last edited:
I was going to get pearls but I decided against it. Just because I had DG and I was worried about aggressiveness .from the DGs

Thank y'all! It's a hard decision they are all so pretty!:)

Back
Top Bottom