New habittat for my electric blue crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it ok to move an electric blue crayfish to a 6gal if he is the alone?

The man at the LFS said it would be ok

If you have sufficient filtration and some places for him to hide, it would be okay. A larger tank would be better, but as long as the water quality doesn't get out of hand, it'll be okay.

It's not enough. It's not about water quality, but about their size. They should reach around 7''-8, and I would say at least 20 gallons for an electric blue crayfish.

Last edited:
I responded that a 6 gallon would be okay, but I guess I really meant until he was able to get a larger tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, get a 10 or 20 gallon, he will be much happier, and you could get a couple other fish. Maybe a dwarf gourami, or a few tetras.

Agreed, get a 10 or 20 gallon, he will be much happier, and you could get a couple other fish. Maybe a dwarf gourami, or a few tetras.
I wouldn't consider adding any fish with a such large crayfish unless they have plenty of caves and hiding spaces. It's not rare to see them destroy other fish. And as I re think, I would go towards a 20 gallon as a 10 gallon just won't suit his needs.

Back
Top Bottom