New idea: GOLD SEVERUM.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
My lfs had a delivery yesterday which for the first time in a while contained several small gold severum. I was wondering if i could keep a gold severum with rummynose tetras in a 55 gallon also with an L135. Thanks in advance

I highly doubt the gold severum would work out. They get pretty big and like most other cichlids can be a bit nasty. I don't think they would be the best match up at all with your rummy nose.

The rainbows would do great though. You could manage a nice school of them with your pleco and rummy nose for sure.

I would ho pall over the rainbows. lol. I've only seen my store carry them a time or two in recent history. :(

So if i got a school of say 8 rainbows could i also do the L135 and a synodontis of some sort

I honestly can't say for sure. I know very little about synodontis. I've read up a bit about Featherfins when the local pet store had some in.

You may be able to handle a smaller type, I know some can get to be 2 feet or so and I'm really not sure if they are all generally peaceful bottom dwellers or not.

If you stick with a smaller peaceful type and can provide enough shelter for them both I don't see why not but I would certainly do more research on what would be most suitable.

I see no issues with 8 rainbows and the rummy nose with your pleco though.

Sorry if i was unclear heres what i am looking at for the overall.

1- Gold(any kind of severum i can find) severum
7-8- praecox rainbowfish
1- rio negro pleco (L135)
1- synodontis multiplicantis

Back
Top Bottom