new ideas plse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
im looking at my tank and im not 100% about the way it looks

37953-albums1631-picture12891.jpg

im happy with the right side of the tank but the left im not sure about, what do you guys think i should do? any ideas i will appreciate. maybe get another peice of drift wood? remove the rocks and have a sort of desert area? hit me

It needs something higher, another piece of wood or bigger rocks. I also think you need more plants to fill it up some. It is off to a great start.

yeah i am adding plants bit by bit because im new and i dont want to over complicate things for my self

What fish do you have in there? I'm just curios :D

I agree that it needs a higher piece of rock or wood and more plants to fill it out :)

First thing I would do is put a black background it will help a lot everything looks good but what I would do is get some dw (probably a couple) and make a dark spot for them...move the sword over and take pieces of dw and make it look like roots from a tree coming out of the top of the water that way its more kilter what's in streams... That's just me though

First thing I would do is put a black background it will help a lot everything looks good but what I would do is get some dw (probably a couple) and make a dark spot for them...move the sword over and take pieces of dw and make it look like roots from a tree coming out of the top of the water that way its more kilter what's in streams... That's just me though

Guess someone beat me to it.:facepalm:

Few more rocks and some more talk plants would look great :) I'm diggin it ... Looking good so far

thanks everybody i have a background in store i have a moss wall ready to go in but im not sure what moss to use atm and waiting for more money to buy the moss.
xfactor what do you mean by dark spot? i like your stream idea

What fish do you have in there? I'm just curios :D

I agree that it needs a higher piece of rock or wood and more plants to fill it out :)

I have 3 common goldfish and 8 zebra danios 1 hillstream loach

tmdavies said:
I have 3 common goldfish and 8 zebra danios 1 hillstream loach

You have 3 goldies and plants that aren't getting shreded? Good job (y) My mix of fantails will either eat it or tear it out of the ground lol. I have a lot of Anacharis for them to munch on, so that's something to consider. As for moss (java), my Panda fantail ate every string of it, so you might want to do a small test before making a wall of it IMO/E.

tmdavies said:
thanks everybody i have a background in store i have a moss wall ready to go in but im not sure what moss to use atm and waiting for more money to buy the moss.
xfactor what do you mean by dark spot? i like your stream idea

I mean like a cave if u use my idea then I mean like a shady area

Back
Top Bottom