New Loaches Won't Eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atomiclord

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently picked up 4 khuli loaches from a LFS, a few days ago. I'm beginning to get concerned because they still won't eat. I also just bought some pellet type 'loach and catfood' tetramin food. They won't touch anything, either by day (when from what I understand they don't eat) or by night (no I've not been shining torches in; I've been staying up for hours and using my night-vision to watch them lol) and I'm wondering if they'll need to be weened onto the pellets? If so, how? They're only little and I want them to have the best I can provide.

Mine go nuts over shrimp pellets. They are usually out more at night but as soon as I start feeding flake food to the one lone guppy.. they all come out of their hiding places. Then I drop a few shrimp pellets in and they eat them till they are gone.

Even if my cories come over to the same pellet they won't budge. It did take a few days for them to start coming out when I'm around the tank. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom