New pet store!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to a new fish store today and they had all I wanted! I didn't get anything because I won't be ready till after Christmas but I was wondering about blue rams and kribs
Do they work together?
What are good tank mates for either fish?
What's up with yellow tail zig zag eels?
Tank mates for them?
Blue lobster/crawfish tank mates?

Rams and kribs will do fine with schoolers such as larger tetras......tire track eels get very large (20"), so they need larger tankmates that will not be eaten. Blue Lobsters should not be kept with slow-moving fish, and it should not be kept with its own kind. They need a 30 gallon tank or more.

Ok do rams and kribs work we'll together though?
It's not a tire track eel!
Would the blue lobster get to a knife or Senegal bicher or leaffish?

Ok do rams and kribs work we'll together though?
It's not a tire track eel!
Would the blue lobster get to a knife or Senegal bicher or leaffish?

ZigZag eels and Tire Track Eels are the same thing. Rams and kribs will work together, granted it's a big enough tank. The blue lobster shouldn't get to the bichir or leaf fish.

A word about Kribs... They can be honery little snots and if you get a pair they turn into terrors. When I kept them I ended up every time having to give them their own tank. Personally I wouldn't do Rams and Kribs.

Problably a 20g and nothing I would be completely restarting this after x-mas
Any other ideas?

I would personally do the rams, i think they are gorgeous fish!
With the stock list previously posted you could probably do another school of something. My own personal preference though is larger schools of the same fish. I love watching fish interactions.

Well you could do 2 schoolers, 1 school of bottom feeders, 2 apistos/rams

The kribs are much more aggressive, and with tetras/Cory's/any shopper will most Likley be aggressive

Well you could do 2 schoolers, 1 school of bottom feeders, 2 apistos/rams

The kribs are much more aggressive, and with tetras/Cory's/any shopper will most Likley be aggressive

I would only do 1 schooler, and maybe add 1-2 fish like platys or guppies.....And, IMHO, a 20 gallon isn't a good size for 2 dwarf cichlids w/other fish. If you get 2 of the same gender, they will fight. If you get different genders, they may pair up and then be aggressive to all the other fish in the tank. In a 20 there really isn't much room for evasion from the aggression IMO.

You could do something like this:
1 Ram
6 Rasbora
1-2 Platys or 3 guppies

bud29 said:
I would only do 1 schooler, and maybe add 1-2 fish like platys or guppies.....And, IMHO, a 20 gallon isn't a good size for 2 dwarf cichlids w/other fish. If you get 2 of the same gender, they will fight. If you get different genders, they may pair up and then be aggressive to all the other fish in the tank. In a 20 there really isn't much room for evasion from the aggression IMO.

You could do something like this:
1 Ram
6 Rasbora
1-2 Platys or 3 guppies

What about a ram pair
3pristella tetra
1pair of swordtails
????

Back
Top Bottom