New pics of tank. I also need a plant ID.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

germanyt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up this potted plant from Petco because I liked the look but it didn't have a label or tag. It just had a price tag that said assorted potted plants.

img_2512308_0_ba0b60eaa05b62074e858bb82c2b79c5.jpg

And the whole tank. I moved the aponogeton to just in front of the telanthera cardinalis. They have plenty of visibility through them to see the telanthera. I considered tossing the water onions. There are 3 if you look closely. The one in the back center is obvious but there are 2 just in front of it. They haven't grown much yet. I also got a marimo moss ball just cuz. I don't really care for it. And I moved my grass over to the left side of the tank.

img_2512308_1_1e61bc951c5a59cb05925d3c10ae0fe3.jpg

img_2512308_2_f9315d78aff88c10970067aa72199a16.jpg

Be careful of the Petco assorted plant collections. I don't know about your area but around my way they sell quite a few terrestrial species as aquatic.

likewise here, i've gotten mondo grass before even though it's only semi aquatic. but i think it's pretty universal in the sense that pet stores just want profit instead of train their employees and getting the consumers informed before they make the purchase.

Be careful of the Petco assorted plant collections. I don't know about your area but around my way they sell quite a few terrestrial species as aquatic.

Well, it was in a tank underwater and covered in algae. It must have been in the tank for a while. So I'm sure it's okay.

The plant is a little beat up from the nibbles taken out of it from the fish in the tank. The dark coloration on it is algae that didn't easily wash off. I soaked the plant in tap water to kill off most of it. I figured it would clear up and grow in in a week or so.

Maybe. I'm not sure.

Ozelot.jpg

I may have to wait a week or two to see if it resembles anything. Right now it is pretty beat up and brown.

now that i see it, i'm 80% sure this is ozelot. it will turn brown/red when the right fert is used. ozelot is characterized by red/brown spots in their leaves.

Back
Top Bottom