New RCS tank! :D A couple questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh, my lfs is sold out of java moss, have to wait till possibly monday to get it, best case they'll get some in tomorrow though.

Okay, since there aren't leftovers for them to snack on. I'm wondering how often would y'all recommend feeding them? And what to feed?

They usually just eat microscopic algae. Fish pellets would do as a supplement, but some have traces of copper in them, but I think it's negligible. If you want to play it safe, buy them some pellets or sticks that are made especially for inverts.

I have kept shrimps for several years now. Have around 20 pandas, they are black and white.

You need

- plants
- driftwood to lower your Ph to less than 7
- put a sponge on your powerhead inlet
- temperature should be around 26 degrees
- feeding around 4-5 times a weeks in small doses

I just found a baby shrimp!! :D it makes me wonder though, should I have something over the intake on my filter? If so, what?

Here's a picture, its not great quality cause I had to zoom in so much though..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111008_153307.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111008_153307.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 64
Yeah, you definitely need a sponge or something over the intake. Shrimp do not do very well in newer tanks. It can be overcome with dense planting but they definitely do better in well established tanks.

Okay, I took some of the ”filter pad” stuff, comes in a bag and is 'cut to fit', its blue and white. I wrapped my intake with it, and zip tied it down. Sound good?

jetajockey said:
Yeah, you definitely need a sponge or something over the intake. Shrimp do not do very well in newer tanks. It can be overcome with dense planting but they definitely do better in well established tanks.

Well the tank isn't brand spankin new. It had a betta in it for probably 3 months.

Well, I'm beginning to lose hope, I'm down to 5 shrimp, I don't know why they keep dying, randomly I'll find 1 or 2 dead every couple days, I have no idea why. :( any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom