New set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex33

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a 29 gal tank, I'm running two 30 gal filters a whisper ex and marine land bio wheel which I just got today! Two dwarf gouramis two neon green tetras and two angles , I want to get some really active fish to go with any advice?

Attachments

• image-1431345613.jpg
    image-1431345613.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 72
Alex33 said:
I got a 29 gal tank, I'm running two 30 gal filters a whisper ex and marine land bio wheel which I just got today! Two dwarf gouramis two neon green tetras and two angles , I want to get some really active fish to go with any advice?

Did you cycle or use old filter media? I'm guessing not. Those fish will die in a non cycled tank. Are the dwarf Gouramis male? Some will work like mine did and their best friends! But 90% of people have really bad experience with them. . If male and female then you need to get another female or two when the tank is cycled properly. Do you know If your tank is taller than 18 inches? The angels may need to be rehomed in that case. If you waited for your cycle to get a head start a bit more this is what I would do.

Keep either the dwarf Gouramis a summing their male and female or one angel
Add another female DG if you went with the Gouramis .
A school of tetra EG: lemon, cardinal, xray I would do 8
6 panda cory
4 guppies 1m 3 f
Hope that helped :)

Yes my tank levels are good cycled well I just put second filter in today to help the load, I don't know how to tell dif between male and female fish and or gouramis I have a red and blue one, love my fish I have 60 gal max of filtration I. A 29 gal long tank so can I get more fish ? Got two tetras two tetras and two gouramis I would love to have more activity ! Please help maybe some colorful Dino's ?

To tell the difference between male and female DGs the males are the red blue , neon blue bright coloured ones and the females are silver. The pic I attached is a male like mine. Colourful danios could be zebras but I'm no expert on Themis couldn't get a female pic

I have one like yours and one more red like red wo blue strips, really cool!

You can kind of see here ! What you think male and female or just male?

Attachments

• image-3045094215.jpg
    image-3045094215.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 81
The one at the front looks males and so does the back one a bit. I think it is male as well

Should I mix water conditioner and water in a bucket before I put in tank or can I just put in tank when doing water changes ? I've been just mixing in tank?

I just put it in the tanks! :) I've never lost a single fish before and I have had the tank since November and no problems yet!

Back
Top Bottom