New sordtail think she is pregnent help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawlessr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I baught two new sordtails 1 mail 1 femail but i think she is pregnent i have never had livebairs before,she has quite a large belly i dont know what way to keep her should i keep her in the breading net that i baught i dont know how long it will be before she will give birth and how long i can keep her in the net what should i do ,or will i leave her in the tank to have them and then try catch them has any one got any ideas i am sure there is a simple solution any help would be great:confused::confused::confused::p:p:p

If she's been with males, she's almost certainly pregnant. If she isn't, she will be soon.

You should consider getting another female or two because the male will harass her to death with constant breeding. Be aware that you will likely soon be overrun with fry unless you have a variety of fish that will eat fry.

FWIW, I have 5 livebearers in my 20g...apparently fry are quite delicious because we've never seen any (besides one that hitchiked but even that one didn't make it).

I have some other fish in the tank it is a 80g tank there is 4 angles ,1 bala shark,and a couple of clown loach the rest are small fish like dinos and cardenls i would say they would keep the tank under controle but i would like to raise a couple of them.I will put a few of them in the net when they are born and let nature take care of the rest it seams so cruel but i have my tank well ballanced and i dont want to rune that now any one any tips on these sordtails.:p:p:p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom