New substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyg23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am setting up a new tank tomorrow and was wondering if bed rock from a nearby creek would be good for the bottom of my tank. I obviously will be boiling the rock and will cycle it for a while before adding any fish. I was just looking for opinions on making this an all natural tank.

That would be fine as long as its clean. May want to check your local laws to make sure your allowed to take things from the water.

I live in a county where the biggest town is 1000 people. I don't think we have any laws about going into our own woods to get stuff from the creek haha. But thank you. I think I am going to try to do an all natural planted tank. Should I plan on it cycling longer?

I live in a county where the biggest town is 1000 people. I don't think we have any laws about going into our own woods to get stuff from the creek haha. But thank you. I think I am going to try to do an all natural planted tank. Should I plan on it cycling longer?

I wouldn't say longer but cycle yes. It may help the cycle go fast by adding all natural things.

What are some good live plants to start out with in my tank?

Back
Top Bottom