New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reds26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys i'm looking for some impartial advice .

I've got the aquarium bug big time , i have a 15 gallon tank fully stocked and now i want a new one . I was thinking about getting a new tank and turning my current one into a quarantine tank . Space is a bit of an issue but i could save up and take the plunge and buy a tank in the 100's of gallons with a unit . Or up a few steps and not rush into things too much and go for a 60 gallon tank and slowly increase over the years .

Advice please guys and girls . ;)

Go for the 100+!

Especially if you don't want to have more than one tank because of space.

100+ anyone on here will tell you to go as big as you can go the first time. It will save you money in the end and is less upkeep once you have it up and running. Not to mention you can keep some tight preds or go with one baller community tank!

That is the reply i hoped for . Its gonna take a while saving but worth it in the end i cant wait . :D:D

Try and look for a used aquarium.
A little clean up can save you some hard earned $$$$.

Personally I wouldn't like to jump from a 15 to a 100, since there's always a chance that I'll lose interest in fish... I don't want it to happen and I don't foresee it, but sometimes it just happens. I'd usually say go for the bigger tank, but now that I'm thinking a little bit more, I think I'd prefer to slowly build up rather than jump. Another thing is that I'd prefer 2 60's rather than 1 100/125 or things like that.

Back
Top Bottom