New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewFishKeeper97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’m hopefully picking up a new fish tank tonight. It’s a 55 gallon I’m planning on putting a divider how should I ratio it? I’m going to have goldfish on one side and 3 zebra danios, black skirt tetra, 3 guppies on the other side.
How long does plants need to settle without fish? I’m planning on having plants in this one. Thank you.

Oh I read somewhere they’ll eat anything that will fit into their mouths. Maybe that was wrong?

Goldfish are not predatory by nature. If they could catch a really small fish, they could possibly eat it, but they will not actively go looking to eat other fish.

You can keep all the fish you listed together. You will want to up your Tetra school to 6. Danios and guppies don't really school so I'm guessing 3 of each would work. You might stick with one goldfish in a 55 depending on what type it is. Also, I'd keep the tank temp at a steady 70 degrees year round in your specific setup.

You can keep all the fish you listed together. You will want to up your Tetra school to 6. Danios and guppies don't really school so I'm guessing 3 of each would work. You might stick with one goldfish in a 55 depending on what type it is. Also, I'd keep the tank temp at a steady 70 degrees year round in your specific setup.

I didn’t think the black skirt tetra school but I was planning on getting a lemon or ember tetra for my tank. There’s three gold fish I’m combining my two smaller tanks together.

In my experience, tetras will all school together regardless if they are a different type.

Also, when I used to keep guppies in odd numbers, the odd one out would just wonder around by itself or start following my bigger, different species fish. You might want to stock even numbers rather than odd.

Also, when I used to keep guppies in odd numbers, the odd one out would just wonder around by itself or start following my bigger, different species fish. You might want to stock even numbers rather than odd.

Thank you I didn’t think of that. I was always told more females then males.

That too if you don't mind fry.......1 male 3 female's. Or go all male or all female.

That too if you don't mind fry.......1 male 3 female's. Or go all male or all female.

I don’t mind fry. I haven’t had any yet. I have two females and one male. I used to have different ones but they never had fry maybe they’ll have some in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom