New tank and stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I am thinking of getting a 95 litre tank. It will be too expensive to buy a stand but I'm wondering if you think this wooden unit could hold it. I don't use the tv anymore . The unit is 2m in length and is about 80-90 cm in width. This is the tank I'm thinking of getting.please take a look at my stock thread for this tank and remember not 72 litre 95

95 liter = ~25 gallons
That should bet about 300 pounds.
How sturdy is that stand? Is it well made and will the outside edges of the tank be supported directly underneath them?
Get a couple of your friends to sit on it. If it can hold you and two other people it should be fine as long as the tank itself is supported and not just sitting on a board supported further out.

It could hold with ease one 11 year old 5 stone 6-7 pounds one 15 year old 9 stone maybe? And a 6 stone 6.pound twelve year old. Lol I had to get my family to sit on it!

Yes blurt is right, it's in England so it's 25 gallons. Would a sheet or polestyrene be a good base ?

300 pounds(us) = ~22 stone
I wouldn't rely on weight capacity alone. Support of the tank itself is very important.

It's about a stone over . But the unit was very sturdy and well made . I know that because my dad owns furniture stores! Lol

Well I think it would work I have my 20 gallon on my dresser and its fine.

Thank you for that! Do you think the polystyrene base will be safe under the tank?

A nice foam pad of some sort will help keep it level and support the whole base

Samzter said:
Thank you for that! Do you think the polystyrene base will be safe under the tank?

IMO, a towel or a rubber mat (maybe an eighth of an inch think), just to protect the furniture. You don't want pressure pushing up on the underside of the glass, that can lead to cracks.

Would I be able to put GBR pair with cardinal tetras and pygmy Cories in a 95 litre tank ?

Samzter said:
Would I be able to put GBR pair with cardinal tetras and pygmy Cories in a 95 litre tank ?

Yeah, I don't see why not. The Tetras and Cories are schooling fish but you should be fine with five of each. You likely have the room to go up to seven Tetras for a nice sized school.

I was thinking of doing 7 sized schools. Thank you for your input on this thread!

Okay worked out how much the tank , stock , decor is going to cost comes to £242.90!! The stock costs more than the tank lol

Back
Top Bottom