New tank as a gift!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My best friend decided she is ready for a fish tank for her room and asked us to set it up for her. I'm excited for the challenge!

Here is what she wants:
no bigger than 10g
Plants
Lots of water noise
Easy.

Here is what I'm thinking:
10g
A giant Anubis
1 betta
LED lights
Hob filter

What kind of substrate? Any better ideas?

She has been such a good friend to us the past year. Really been there for us and I want to set her up nicely. Water changes and such won't be a problem. She is very responsible and with just one betta I think only %15 once a week will be called for.

Sent from my iPhone

You will also need a heater with a betta. You could even a get an african dwarf frog, snails, or shrimp. But if she gets frogs remember to get them at the same time if not before the Betta arrives.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Maybe some hornwort and java fern also with a Nerite or 2.

Fishobsessed7

Nerites are a great idea!

You will also need a heater with a betta. You could even a get an african dwarf frog, snails, or shrimp. But if she gets frogs remember to get them at the same time if not before the Betta arrives.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Frogs like Anubis too right? I'll have to read up about them!

Sand or gravel best?

Sent from my iPhone

Oooooh yes I forgot to add a heater: my betta has a heater and I would never set her up with out one. Thank you for reminding me.

Sent from my iPhone

Also if Anubias prefers to be attached to things rather than be buried in the substrate

Fishobsessed7

In that case I can do gravel and tie the plant to a small piece of drift wood.

Sent from my iPhone

I'd say 25%-30% water change once a week. I feel like 15% may be too little.

What a great idea for her though!! Make sure there's something covering the filter intake so his fins don't get munched! :)

Back
Top Bottom