New tank choices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I rescued my aquatic frogs 4 of them from those frog o spheres...I put them in a water wonders 1.5 gallon seem to be doing well and 1 lone tetra. they seem pretty happy but getting a little cramped...I was thinking of goin up to a 3 gallon give them more room and cant beat the $30 price My ..any other suggestions? I also thought about the JBJ nano cube 8 gallon..it looks good comes with a stand tank and filter but $128 shipped...

That is my 1.5 gallon do you think I can put a 3 gallon that cabinet...it seems pretty sturdy...

Shouldn't be a problem. Easy way to check is just fill a bucket and put it on there!
I'd say you'd be able to get a lot more than 3 gallons on there, maybe around 6-8 at least.

yeah, a 3g would fit easily.

the reason the jbj nanocube is so expensive is because its an all in one tank with good lighting and a great filter for its size, theres some good stuff in there for that price! if you tried to add all that stuff to an 8g youd easily be over $128

If you're going to spend the money, step up to a 10g or a 20g. You can probably set up a 10g for $50-$80 pretty easily and you'll have a lot more room for your critters.

There's also the 6gal Hagen Fluval tank (thats another one of those all in one tanks)

Ok 3 gallon delivered today...hopefully the transition of froggies goes well...Im gonna put maybe another tetra in to keep the other one company.

Ok here's my 3 gallon....
img_1180634_0_4950d926655da44c845b3a6dbade316d.jpg

I'm putting my 4 frogs and 1 tetera and maybe 1 more fish... Not bad from amazon for $30.

Looks neat. Can you fit an internal filter in there? Or is it that device in the left back corner?

That's the filter in the corner really quit...I also added a heater... Temp in tank around 75degrees...I still have the frogs and lone tetra in the 1.5 gallon it 65 degrees in there. So I think they'll be a bit happier.

Quick question, I tried to get a good view of your frogs. Can you tell me if they have webbed front hands or if they have defined little fingers?

Webbed feet they are dwarf frogs not the clawed....

Get a bigger tank, and stop buying fish. The fish you have, plus the ones you bought from the other thread need around 20-30 gallons. Treat yourself to a bigger tank this Christmas, and stop overstocking tanks.

Back
Top Bottom