New tank design. What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmike10000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I redesigned my freshwater tank anyonw have an opinion on how it looks or how to make it better. Thank you the first picture is the old

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1427524973106.jpg
    1427524973106.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1427525029119.jpg
    1427525029119.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 107
I would add one tall piece of driftwood that nearly touches the surface. Doesn't have to be bulky. Can be spindly, but I think it would look really nice.

The rescape looks good!

I know i saw them at the lfs but they want a 100$ a piece. Sucks. I just realized how bad it looks qith the algea problem i used to have

Yeah I think you need a big piece of driftwood. Don't have to buy it, collect some from outside and just make sure it's a hardwood and that you boil it

How big cause the piece thats in ther is allready like 17" lol

And that thread is very helpful i like the idea it says of using all the same type of rocks. I feel as that would look better than using different types

How big cause the piece thats in ther is allready like 17" lol

Where is the piece that's in there? I agree though something to show a focal point and a directional flow. All the same types of rocks would be cool if you could manage that. Bunching up some of the fake plants to an area rather than scattered, removing the submarine, and put a background on it! It doesn't look like painting it would be an easy task but using the material they use for tinting windows or just black poster board on the back of the tank, I think it'd look more complete.

Try eBay for driftwood, I just got a piece that's 23" tall for $17. You can find some nice pieces on there for like $30-40 and you can offer lower and see if they take it. I got all three of my pieces in my 150 from eBay or Amazon.
Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom