New tank: I love st. vinnies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I made a vinnie stopoff on the way home from work today and guess what I found. A 20-25 gallon eclipse system that looks to be barely used, including lighting, a bag of filter pads, a new python, two 5" nets (one new, the other very clean), a four week auto feeder, a nice heater, and a new master test kit, also some ph down and a barely used bag of algae wafers (both went in the garbage). Guess the price for over 200 dollars in stuff...$10. That's right ten dollars. Tomorrow is my day off work so I'll be filling it in the driveway to check for leaks. :) Who would throw this away?

Its a thrift store, kinda like goodwill but much much cheaper. I practically live off of other peoples' used stuff becaue I do a lot of ebay trading and antique dealing. We've got 4-5 St. Vinnie stores within 30 minutes driving distance and this one is always the aquarium goldmine.

Oh, I finally got to test my kh and gh. Kh was 13 and gh I think changed around 11. I say I think because if you ask me it was greenish the whole time, not orange. Of course its no surprise I have hard water. The house I'm sitting in is made from area bedrock and river rock and the like.

Back
Top Bottom