New tank idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking about setting up my 40 gal as a longfin tank that I am trying to keep only South American species in. So far I am thinking:

2 Longfin Rams
10 Longfin Corys
1 Longfin BN

All I am missing is the Tetras. I am trying to stay away from the larger types like Black Skirts, but cannot think of another longfinned species.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Gillie said:
All I am missing is the Tetras. I am trying to stay away from the larger types like Black Skirts, but cannot think of another longfinned species.

Splashing Tetra (Copella arnoldi) has long fins. However, they also get up to about 3.5" so they might not be desirable for with your plan.

Red Minor Serpae Tetra (Hyphessobrycon eques) does have a long finned variety. These reach about 2" in size.

The Danios even though they are Asian are gonna be my backup in case I can't find anything else or I may get them until I get longfinned tetras. The congos get way to big I would like to have a school of 10-15 and they would draw attention from the other fish.

I totally forgot about Serpaes I'll just have to try to find some.

what about long finned rosey barbs, I don't know where they come from but they are very pretty fish and have a great personality.

Good luck sounds like a fun tank

Back
Top Bottom