New tank! Questions about angelfish & gbr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TabiLove

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well technically its used, but its new to me. Lol. I just put in my danios on sunday to start my cycle. And im already in love with keeping fish. I plan on eventually adding angelfish, hatchetfish (once my new lids get here), and some corys. And then once my tank is more established, I was considering adding german blue rams. The angels at my local store are pretty small, so i know i should get a few, and as they get bigger and i get a pair, ill probably need to rehome the others, what im not sure of, is how many should i start with in a 55 gallon tank? And should I add the rams before they pair off, or after? How long does a tank need to be going with good water conditions before rams can be added?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well technically its used, but its new to me. Lol. I just put in my danios on sunday to start my cycle. And im already in love with keeping fish. I plan on eventually adding angelfish, hatchetfish (once my new lids get here), and some corys. And then once my tank is more established, I was considering adding german blue rams. The angels at my local store are pretty small, so i know i should get a few, and as they get bigger and i get a pair, ill probably need to rehome the others, what im not sure of, is how many should i start with in a 55 gallon tank? And should I add the rams before they pair off, or after? How long does a tank need to be going with good water conditions before rams can be added?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure about pairing but it's good to have the tank cycled for about 6 months I heard before adding GBR's.

I'd say a pair of Angels would be fine IMO. Beware if keeping smaller danios they might eventually become snacks for the angelfish.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Back
Top Bottom