New tank(s) build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetajockey

come get me tang police!
So, I haven't really been doing much with tanks since my last rack setup which consists of 8 10s and 6 20s.

But I saw a great deal that I couldn't pass up. I ended up getting 4 new tanks for $100. They are 8' long acrylic frag tanks. They are around 96x10x8 or something to that extent. I haven't done the exact measurements yet.

I just figured I'd make a thread for anyone interested.

I don't have room for this in my house since the fishroom is full, so it's going into the garage. My current plans at this point are to make 2 identical 2 teir racks, and then place them along the walls near a corner in an L shape. In between the two, I plan to put some sort of sump in.

All of the tanks are bottom drilled, there are 4 holes in the center of the tank. I'm guessing that 2 are overflows and 2 are filter outflows, but I'm not sure. It has some baffling in it also that I'm not sure what the purpose is.

I'll post some pics soon as I work on it, I'm getting the lumber today to build the racks.

I'll most likely have the upper 2 tanks only filled about 2-3" at the most, and use them to grow out and maintain emersed culture plants, potted plants, etc, for my business. I usually keep them in the greenhouse, but the winters here are pretty cold so I've been having issues keeping stuff happy out there.

The bottom tanks, I have no idea. Lighting, I have no idea. I'm leaning toward just getting 4 4' dual bulb t8 shop lights since the tanks are so shallow. I don't need anything special and I'm not going to be running co2 on this system. If anyone knows of a more economical solution let me know.

As far as the sump goes, I'll most likely pipe in one since they are already drilled and I have an extra return pump. I just need to figure out what kind of container to use as a sump, and where to place it.

Cool!! I vote fast river hills stream tank!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I actually like brookster's idea also, except it would be a north american native hillstream. I've been thinking of what I can do to multi purpose the top levels since they'll be doing emersed plants. I may do something like vampire crabs in there.

Back
Top Bottom