New Tank setup for a Rental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian L

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all

I am looking for advise on what to do for the rental we are in. My tanks is 90 Gallon

1. Should the tank stand be on a rubber matt?

2. Can I use pex tubing instead of PVC tubing

Hi all

I am looking for advise on what to do for the rental we are in. My tanks is 90 Gallon

1. Should the tank stand be on a rubber matt?

2. Can I use pex tubing instead of PVC tubing

I think the first step would be to ask your landlord. Some are don't want any tanks or only up to a certain size. What do you mean about PVC? Are you talking plumbing it? Is he ok with that? And the rubber mat? If be more comfortable with a 90 gallon on solid ground like hardwood floors.

Just my opinion.

Any thought of where to get a rubber mat?

and yes I was talking about plumbing it

Any thought of where to get a rubber mat?

and yes I was talking about plumbing it

Rubber mat, you could try a sports store like Models or Sport Authority. Or a gym equipment store. I'm thinking like those hard rubber mats like you see in gyms.

I believe pex tubing is compression fitting based plumbing as compared to the primer and glue of pcv.

Pex pipe is super easy to work with, but it is said to cause cancer, and will be pulled from stores by 2015. So maybe not the best choice. What do yo need a rubber mat for? I wouldn't put a tank directly onto it because over time it might cause the rubber to stick and make a mess of the floor. If you are just trying to stop water from getting on the floor, then just get a small area rug for the front of the tank

Back
Top Bottom