New tank setup (work in progress)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingclever

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know i don't have much but i literrally had nothing but fish haha so here goes. Oh and my beautiful male molly. Sorry for the poor quality.

Attachments

• 2011-07-04_18-43-07_756.jpg
    2011-07-04_18-43-07_756.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 2011-07-08_22-26-30_443.jpg
    2011-07-08_22-26-30_443.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 2011-07-08_22-26-20_507.jpg
    2011-07-08_22-26-20_507.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 157
Ahhh lookin good. Don't worry you'll get it set up just the way you want it. How many gallons and what's the stock? And my tank was the same way, with no decorations for a bit. And its still a work in progress

Ahhh lookin good. Don't worry you'll get it set up just the way you want it. How many gallons and what's the stock? And my tank was the same way, with no decorations for a bit. And its still a work in progress

Yea things just aren't cheap. Its a 30 gallon and i have some mollys, goldies, platys, and sharks :)

Yeaahh my tank I'm working on right now is a 30 gal. And yeah I know I've put close to 200$ in it and its not even finished :( and I've never kept any of those fish before except goldies. What kind of sharks?

soryy to tell you,but 30 gallons is too small for any shark. what kind is it?

Sorry for the quick reply, was on my mobile device wasn't tryin to be rude haha. Anyway i have two columbian sharks and i am waiting for them to grow a little then i am gonna try to re home them to someone with a bigger tank. It sucks cuz i am quite fond of them :(

It's a nice start! :) You do have tropical, cool water, and brackish fish all in one tank though. I think that is what deserves your attention right away. If you're quite fond of the sharks then I highly recommend you do not wait to rehome them since your tank isn't brackish. The platties, mollies, and goldies may be able to thrive together at 76..I'm not positive. But the sharks really shouldn't be in there. :(

It's a nice start! :) You do have tropical, cool water, and brackish fish all in one tank though. I think that is what deserves your attention right away. If you're quite fond of the sharks then I highly recommend you do not wait to rehome them since your tank isn't brackish. The platties, mollies, and goldies may be able to thrive together at 76..I'm not positive. But the sharks really shouldn't be in there. :(

Yeah i have been told that the goldies can survive in warmer water. I wish someone at my lfs told me about the sharks before i bought them :( .

Keep us updated on how your tank comes along!

Will do, we just picked up the easter island head from spongebob as my fiance wants to do a spongebob theme for the kids. The fish seem to like it haha. I may be upgrading to a bigger tank if this guy emails me back, fingers crossed. OH and i picked up a rubber lip pleco today, he is so cool.

Yeah! I love rubber lips. Much more interesting looking than a common. I have a bristlenose and it gets even smaller than a rubberlip. And yeah those spongebob things seem to be popular

Back
Top Bottom