Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
New Tank Stock (previously posted in wrong section)

Hello all. I currently have the 55 gallon pictured below almost ready for some fish. Filtration is Fluval G3. I currently have some fish from my previous tank sitting in tanks at my lfs. I don't plan on keeping all of them as I am pretty sure they like different water parameters. Although they all have been coexisting with no real issues for about 6 months Id rather keep the fish in their preferred environment. If some of you who have more experience then me let me know what of this list of fish would you be able to house together in my 55 setup. I really want to keep the Curviceps more then any others. And I also know the Rams would be a bad idea until about 6 months of tank running.
1 Albino Kribensis
2 German Blue Rams
1 Gold Ram
1 Bolivian Ram
2 Curviceps
3 bushy nose pleco
6 Priscilla Tetras
3 Emporer Tetras
3 Debauwi Catfish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	262682  
__________________

__________________
FJ_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
ericwithac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Southern VT
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ_M3 View Post
Hello all. I currently have the 55 gallon pictured below almost ready for some fish. Filtration is Fluval G3. I currently have some fish from my previous tank sitting in tanks at my lfs. I don't plan on keeping all of them as I am pretty sure they like different water parameters. Although they all have been coexisting with no real issues for about 6 months Id rather keep the fish in their preferred environment. If some of you who have more experience then me let me know what of this list of fish would you be able to house together in my 55 setup. I really want to keep the Curviceps more then any others. And I also know the Rams would be a bad idea until about 6 months of tank running.
1 Albino Kribensis
2 German Blue Rams
1 Gold Ram
1 Bolivian Ram
2 Curviceps
3 bushy nose pleco
6 Priscilla Tetras
3 Emporer Tetras
3 Debauwi Catfish
Use this! Freshwater Fish Compatibility Tool | RateMyFishTank.com
__________________

__________________
-Captain Bolt-

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are NO old, bold pilots."
ericwithac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithac View Post
Thanks!!!
__________________
FJ_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High Desert, S. California
Posts: 1,418
That tank is beautiful, and I'm sure many kinds of fish would really appreciate it. Hiding spots, plants, and it's so attractive! All those Rams, I don't know. Maybe a pair might work, but three different kinds of Rams makes me leery if they will get along, or all try to kill each other. I have a dorsigera, so I understand completely why you want curviceps. They are the coolest little fish! I'd also be nervous about the kribs picking on the Rams (or vice versa) and maybe the curviceps too. I think you need to think this over carefully instead of ending up with some torn up or dead fish.
__________________
RackinRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
addisonnolann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 132
Like seaecho said, I would be wary of all of those rams. I would stick to one species, maybe a pair of them. Just so your fish are happy and thriving.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
addisonnolann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaecho View Post
That tank is beautiful, and I'm sure many kinds of fish would really appreciate it. Hiding spots, plants, and it's so attractive! All those Rams, I don't know. Maybe a pair might work, but three different kinds of Rams makes me leery if they will get along, or all try to kill each other. I have a dorsigera, so I understand completely why you want curviceps. They are the coolest little fish! I'd also be nervous about the kribs picking on the Rams (or vice versa) and maybe the curviceps too. I think you need to think this over carefully instead of ending up with some torn up or dead fish.
Thank you. I am leaning towards the 2 Curviceps, 2 rams of same breed (to be added at a later date after tank is running for a few months), 1-2 pleco(s) and 6 or so Priscilla Tetras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisonnolann View Post
Like seaecho said, I would be wary of all of those rams. I would stick to one species, maybe a pair of them. Just so your fish are happy and thriving.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Thank you for the added advice. Appreciate all input.
__________________
FJ_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan
Posts: 4,219
Definitely dump the kribs, the blue rams and the gold ram and go with the curviceps and bolivians, there's nowhere near enough space to accommodate territories for the lot and the other reason has already been mentioned above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
Gillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
new tank, stock, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RAOK*** Previously enjoyed Super Naturals Caribsea Moonlight sand Autumnsky Aquaria Off-Topic 84 08-12-2013 10:42 PM
How strict is this ''don't use anything previously washed with soap" rule? Fish24907 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 5 01-22-2012 11:05 PM
Experiences with Danio (previously microrasbora) erythromicron? aqua_chem Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 3 12-05-2011 06:37 PM
Using Previously Dead Rock Squado Saltwater Reef Aquaria 4 05-13-2008 12:50 PM
"What is Wrong and How do I Fix It?" section cweaks Forum Admin & Announcements 7 07-15-2003 04:52 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.