Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New Tank Stock (previously posted in wrong section)

Hello all. I currently have the 55 gallon pictured below almost ready for some fish. Filtration is Fluval G3. I currently have some fish from my previous tank sitting in tanks at my lfs. I don't plan on keeping all of them as I am pretty sure they like different water parameters. Although they all have been coexisting with no real issues for about 6 months Id rather keep the fish in their preferred environment. If some of you who have more experience then me let me know what of this list of fish would you be able to house together in my 55 setup. I really want to keep the Curviceps more then any others. And I also know the Rams would be a bad idea until about 6 months of tank running.
1 Albino Kribensis
2 German Blue Rams
1 Gold Ram
1 Bolivian Ram
2 Curviceps
3 bushy nose pleco
6 Priscilla Tetras
3 Emporer Tetras
3 Debauwi Catfish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	262682  

Old 01-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ_M3 View Post
Hello all. I currently have the 55 gallon pictured below almost ready for some fish. Filtration is Fluval G3. I currently have some fish from my previous tank sitting in tanks at my lfs. I don't plan on keeping all of them as I am pretty sure they like different water parameters. Although they all have been coexisting with no real issues for about 6 months Id rather keep the fish in their preferred environment. If some of you who have more experience then me let me know what of this list of fish would you be able to house together in my 55 setup. I really want to keep the Curviceps more then any others. And I also know the Rams would be a bad idea until about 6 months of tank running.
1 Albino Kribensis
2 German Blue Rams
1 Gold Ram
1 Bolivian Ram
2 Curviceps
3 bushy nose pleco
6 Priscilla Tetras
3 Emporer Tetras
3 Debauwi Catfish
Use this! Freshwater Fish Compatibility Tool | RateMyFishTank.com

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are NO old, bold pilots."
ericwithac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithac View Post
Thanks!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That tank is beautiful, and I'm sure many kinds of fish would really appreciate it. Hiding spots, plants, and it's so attractive! All those Rams, I don't know. Maybe a pair might work, but three different kinds of Rams makes me leery if they will get along, or all try to kill each other. I have a dorsigera, so I understand completely why you want curviceps. They are the coolest little fish! I'd also be nervous about the kribs picking on the Rams (or vice versa) and maybe the curviceps too. I think you need to think this over carefully instead of ending up with some torn up or dead fish.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Like seaecho said, I would be wary of all of those rams. I would stick to one species, maybe a pair of them. Just so your fish are happy and thriving.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 02-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaecho View Post
That tank is beautiful, and I'm sure many kinds of fish would really appreciate it. Hiding spots, plants, and it's so attractive! All those Rams, I don't know. Maybe a pair might work, but three different kinds of Rams makes me leery if they will get along, or all try to kill each other. I have a dorsigera, so I understand completely why you want curviceps. They are the coolest little fish! I'd also be nervous about the kribs picking on the Rams (or vice versa) and maybe the curviceps too. I think you need to think this over carefully instead of ending up with some torn up or dead fish.
Thank you. I am leaning towards the 2 Curviceps, 2 rams of same breed (to be added at a later date after tank is running for a few months), 1-2 pleco(s) and 6 or so Priscilla Tetras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisonnolann View Post
Like seaecho said, I would be wary of all of those rams. I would stick to one species, maybe a pair of them. Just so your fish are happy and thriving.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Thank you for the added advice. Appreciate all input.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #7

Definitely dump the kribs, the blue rams and the gold ram and go with the curviceps and bolivians, there's nowhere near enough space to accommodate territories for the lot and the other reason has already been mentioned above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
new tank, stock, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com