New Tank Stock (previously posted in wrong section)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FJ_M3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I currently have the 55 gallon pictured below almost ready for some fish. Filtration is Fluval G3. I currently have some fish from my previous tank sitting in tanks at my lfs. I don't plan on keeping all of them as I am pretty sure they like different water parameters. Although they all have been coexisting with no real issues for about 6 months Id rather keep the fish in their preferred environment. If some of you who have more experience then me let me know what of this list of fish would you be able to house together in my 55 setup. I really want to keep the Curviceps more then any others. And I also know the Rams would be a bad idea until about 6 months of tank running.
1 Albino Kribensis
2 German Blue Rams
1 Gold Ram
1 Bolivian Ram
2 Curviceps
3 bushy nose pleco
6 Priscilla Tetras
3 Emporer Tetras
3 Debauwi Catfish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 107
Hello all. I currently have the 55 gallon pictured below almost ready for some fish. Filtration is Fluval G3. I currently have some fish from my previous tank sitting in tanks at my lfs. I don't plan on keeping all of them as I am pretty sure they like different water parameters. Although they all have been coexisting with no real issues for about 6 months Id rather keep the fish in their preferred environment. If some of you who have more experience then me let me know what of this list of fish would you be able to house together in my 55 setup. I really want to keep the Curviceps more then any others. And I also know the Rams would be a bad idea until about 6 months of tank running.
1 Albino Kribensis
2 German Blue Rams
1 Gold Ram
1 Bolivian Ram
2 Curviceps
3 bushy nose pleco
6 Priscilla Tetras
3 Emporer Tetras
3 Debauwi Catfish

Use this! Freshwater Fish Compatibility Tool | RateMyFishTank.com

That tank is beautiful, and I'm sure many kinds of fish would really appreciate it. Hiding spots, plants, and it's so attractive! All those Rams, I don't know. Maybe a pair might work, but three different kinds of Rams makes me leery if they will get along, or all try to kill each other. I have a dorsigera, so I understand completely why you want curviceps. They are the coolest little fish! I'd also be nervous about the kribs picking on the Rams (or vice versa) and maybe the curviceps too. I think you need to think this over carefully instead of ending up with some torn up or dead fish.

Like seaecho said, I would be wary of all of those rams. I would stick to one species, maybe a pair of them. Just so your fish are happy and thriving.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That tank is beautiful, and I'm sure many kinds of fish would really appreciate it. Hiding spots, plants, and it's so attractive! All those Rams, I don't know. Maybe a pair might work, but three different kinds of Rams makes me leery if they will get along, or all try to kill each other. I have a dorsigera, so I understand completely why you want curviceps. They are the coolest little fish! I'd also be nervous about the kribs picking on the Rams (or vice versa) and maybe the curviceps too. I think you need to think this over carefully instead of ending up with some torn up or dead fish.

Thank you. I am leaning towards the 2 Curviceps, 2 rams of same breed (to be added at a later date after tank is running for a few months), 1-2 pleco(s) and 6 or so Priscilla Tetras.

Like seaecho said, I would be wary of all of those rams. I would stick to one species, maybe a pair of them. Just so your fish are happy and thriving.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Thank you for the added advice. Appreciate all input.

Definitely dump the kribs, the blue rams and the gold ram and go with the curviceps and bolivians, there's nowhere near enough space to accommodate territories for the lot and the other reason has already been mentioned above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom