new tank suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randy86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wantimg to set up a 55 gal bow front for cichlids. I am just needing suggestions on what kind might be best for my size tank. Wanting something with lots of colors. Also what's best sand or rock substrate?how heavy should I plant it? Any suggestions would be great

I would do a pair of salvini cichlids, firemouths, convicts, or blue acara. you could also do a single jack dempsey or a green terror. I would go with a rock substrate and I really wouldn't do plants cichlids will just dig them up or just destroy them. I would just do drift wood and rock caves.

Yeah I already have a jck dem just wanting to do a larger group of somethimg

randy86 said:
Wantimg to set up a 55 gal bow front for cichlids. I am just needing suggestions on what kind might be best for my size tank. Wanting something with lots of colors. Also what's best sand or rock substrate?how heavy should I plant it? Any suggestions would be great

African cichlid tank!!! They will eat plants so that would be a FAIL. If not maybe blood parrots or something. I would get dark substrate if the fish are going to be bright. Convicts are also cool and easy to breed.

Already have an angle fish center piece setup I. My 55 gal but tha.k fir the idea

Try out a green terror or a blue acara pair that would look great.

Back
Top Bottom